For our master bedroom leaning ledge (which I’ll be showing you in its entirety next weeks when I reveal our Master Bedroom), I challenged myself to spend no more than $5 on any one frame. There are lots of thin flimsy frames in this price range…but I wanted nice chunky wooden ones. This is one of the frames I found: It was only $1.30, and may just be my favorite of all the ones I found. I love the burlap “mat” detail.The first task was removing the duck painting.Not only was it taped…but superglued in place.After that, it just took a bit of paint (Valspar December Starlight Semigloss) and some glaze (Raw Umber Glaze from Golden Artist Colors) to transform it into this beautiful frame…I did take pictures of each step (priming, painting, glazing)…but I can’t find ’em. Ah well…its pretty self-explanatory. I had an 8×10 piece of glass on hand for it because I had removed the glass from the frames I used for the wall art in Josiah’s nursery.I love the transformation!I also found this big frame at the salvation army. It was within my $5 price limit…though I can’t remember exactly how much it was. It is a cheaper quality frame with paper sticker coating over a manufactured wood. Since I wanted something big, and the glass was intact, I did not doubt I could make the frame work, too.I used the same paint and glaze as I used on the other one. Rather than a picture, I framed a piece of burlap and a monogram I cut from the fabric left over from making our headboard.

Again, I am quite pleased πŸ™‚It looks a bit plain…but since it was my intention to layer it with another picture, that is EXACTLY what I wanted πŸ™‚While I was at it, I painted this lima bean wreath I made a couple of years ago for our faux mantle:Since the wall paint we used turned out more green than grey…I needed to phase out as much green as possible in the accents and decor.With the frames and other furniture projects, I goop on the glaze and then wipe it off …watering it down until I achieve the look I am going for (I wrote about this method here). I didn’t want to deal with that method on this wreath since there are so many deep grooves, and I thought it would end up too dark. So I just dumped my cup of water into the small amount of glaze I had left from the frames, mixed it up, and dumped it over the wreath. I like how it turned out…I think is sort of looks like aspen tree bark.-

Here it is, green before…aspen tree white after.Pin It

-:-

Come back next week when I share the rest of the frames and decor on the leaning ledge and reveal our finished Master Bedroom!

-:-

I’m linking up:

The DIY Show OffMixitupThe Southern InstituteMakingSumo's Sweet StuffSew Chatty Keeping It SimpleBecolorfulDIY projects and craftsA Marvelous Messmop it up mondaysThe Girl CreativeTip Junkie handmade projectsTodays Creative Blog Confessions of a Stay At Home MommyDomestically Speaking works for me wednesday at we are that family Creations by Kara Transformation ThursdaySomewhat Simple Catch a Glimpse Button The 36th Avenue A Little Knick Knack Tickled Pink at 504 MainKitchenFunPhotobucket Here Comes the Sun kojodesigns A Little InspirationJoin  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap   up           party!Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

  1. Lisa says:

    Everything is beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday and I hope you’ll stop back soon πŸ™‚

  2. BeColorful says:

    as always, i love your projects. The wreath and the K make a more than OK statement πŸ˜€ and the frames turned out so well too. So fun to score such a good deal. Thanks for sharing on BeColorful
    pam

  3. Meg says:

    Love how all of your projects turned out! The wreath is great, I love the idea of using stain, it brings out the details so well. Great job!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>