This was the 2nd or 3rd Playmat Purse I ever made. I sold the first one well over a year ago. Duplicates have been listed for sale in my etsy shop ever since. But I just realized that I never posted it on my blog. So here it is, finally making its appearance 🙂

Just like this one, this one, this one, this one, and this one…it is a purse that is a playmat and a playmat that is a purse.So handy for play dates, picnics, waiting rooms, the “cry room” at church, etc. etc. etc. I am not really sure what the name of this fabric is, but I think it screams “Sugar Plum Fairies”.I have been watching various versions of my Playmat Purses and Diaper Bags pop up on Pinterest…usually in categories like “craft ideas” “sewing projects” or “things to make” rather than categories like “something I want to pay Alisha to make for me” or “things to buy off etsy.”

SO…

I have decided to put together and publish some free photo tutorials to help all of you crafty DIYers and frugal seamstress mamas like me. So stay tuned 🙂

{Sign up to follow me via email, pinterest, bloglovin, or linky followers (see the top of my sidebar–>)…and not only will you make me smile…you’ll be among the first to know! }

This button is now active on my portfolio page:

-:-

Pin It-:-

The Southern InstituteMaking Sumo's Sweet Stuff Sew Chatty Keeping It SimpleBecolorful DIY projects and crafts BWS tips buttonmop it up mondaysThe Girl CreativeTip Junkie handmade projectsTodays Creative BlogPhotobucket

Confessions of a Stay At Home Mommyworks for me wednesday at we are that family Pincushion Creations Creations by KaraSomewhat SimplePhotobucketCatch a Glimpse ButtonThe 36th AvenueA Little Knick KnackPhotobucketHere Comes the SunA Little InspirationkojodesignsJoin  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap   up           party!Funky Junk's Saturday Nite SpecialPhotobucket

My entry into Show Me Extraordinary sponsored by Appliances Online and Bosch Washing Machines.

1. Meaghan says:

I love this idea! I have been looking for a good baby shower gift idea and this is PERFECT! I am hoping you post it soon so I don’t have to figure it out! Thank you for the great idea!

2. Joy says:

I’m waiting patiently for your tutorial, especially measurements? I’ve been making diaper clutches, but this would be so useful in more ways than just a play mat. Great idea and I know I’ll enJOY making them.

3. Mary Kathryn says:

oh thank you thank you! I just bought some fabric that I just HAD to have and have been racking my brain on what to make with it. I finally decided your playmat purse would be the most perfect thing… so this post makes me super happy. Or maybe I can just send you the fabric to make it for me. 🙂

4. Alisha says:

Mary Kathryn –

I hope to get a tutorial for my playmat purse put together soon. (We are in the middle of moving to a new state, fixing up that house, and selling this one…so I can’t make any promises about the “when” of that promise although I am hoping to make it happen this April). I have also made several Custom Playmat Purses: you just send me the fabrics, I construct the purse, and get it sent back to you. I am committed to finishing paid jobs like this within 2 days when my shop is open. (When I travel to the new house I close my shop for a few days). If you are interested in having me make a bag for you, purchase the “custom playmat purse” which is listed in my shop. I’ll get you my address so that you can send me the fabric and will get it returned to you as soon as I receive the fabric and construct your purse. If you’d rather make it yourself, no problem. Check back for the tutorial 🙂

-Alisha

5. Hollyanne says:

I can’t wait for the tutorial for this. I think it would be very helpful to carry toys from one place to another. I’ll be keeping my eye out!

6. Daisie says:

Just wondering if you knew, when you would make a tutorial/pattern for this. I have a baby on the way, and would love to make this for him! Will pay! It’s a busy time with the holidays, so I’m sure not very soon. But just wondering.

7. Alisha says:

Mylinda –

I have been promising a tutorial for a long time now. I REALLY do intend to put one together soon. I am making one for my sister as soon as i can get to it, and will take photos for a tutorial.

Alisha