It was about this time one year ago that I shared photos and a tutorial about the T-shirt Quilt I made for my brother as a High School Graduation Gift.
Several years earlier (about 6-7 years ago), I made one for myself. It recently made its appearance on my blog in this picture (in this post):
I figured I might as well share more…
I then made a template out of newspaper than I could trace and cut around for every other t-shirt graphic.
I intentionally turned the squares so that they were facing every direction so that there was on one “top” side of the quilt.
I did NOT back the squares with any sort of stabilizer, though I admit that may have been wise: some of the seams have since ripped out.
The front, back, and batting layers are held together by small string knots.
The smaller squares around the border where cut from the sleeves and/or front pocket graphic portions of the t-shirts.
The binding was cut from an assortment of grey t-shirt scraps.
My favorite thing about this blanket is its gargantuan size. It is wonderfully big and perfect for picnics!
This button can now be found on my portfolio page.